8.06.2013

Eye Candy

I have obviously been off my blogging game recently.  It's funny.. how I was reluctant to start this up again, and now I get this nagging feeling on a daily basis like I have this unattended responsibility when I slack off.  


Let's just say, I've angered many a line of traffic to slow down and read graffiti in my day.  I am enamored by it and I'm not quite sure why.  Maybe it's the idea that someone stood right there on the sidewalk (or hung right over a bridge, etc.) and no one stopped them as they decorated the outer walls of some public area.  It's not the quick spraying of a four letter tag name that intrigues me. 

It's the graffiti that makes you think.  The stuff that tells a story. The inspirational phrase that gets me through the day simply by driving under a certain bridge.

This Scampi fellow from New Zealand caught my eye on Street Art Utopia.  


This picture really made my mind reel.  All I could think was, 'what you water, grows.'  This had me spinning into an all out self-reflection of the things I have watered in my life and those that I've left to welt.  Scampi certainly has me doing a little mental gardening.

Hopefully, I have a good camera in my future.  I have been dreaming up this blogpost about my favorite art pieces around town.  I really can't wait to share a drive through the art gallery that is Atlanta.  I'll send you off with something I did find on my own, venturing through Little Five Points years ago.  This one spoke to the journalist in me (and the skeptic, too).



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you!