7.13.2013

Banana & Egg Pancakes - That's it!



I've been knocking around on Pinterest attempting to find healthy and cheap meals to fix at home.  When I found this Blueberry Banana Pancake recipe, I was skeptical (yet intrigued) of whether or not I could pull it off.  The simplicity made me cautious, I guess.  I'm pretty good at messing up elementary cooking tasks.  


Ingredients:

1 egg
1 large banana (or 1 & 1/2 small bananas) 
blueberries

Yields 3-4 medium sized pancakes
You start out by smashing the banana until mushy. 
Asante sana, squash banana!  (I just learned that Asante sana is 'thank you very much' in Swahili.  Ha! Indeed.  You'll sing this, too, after eating this easy breakfast)

Then, just add the egg and whip the two together until it's the consistency of pancake mix.

 Once you've got it good and creamy, just pour about 1/4 cup into a greased pan (just like regular pancakes) and plop in a few blueberries.  The amount of fruit (bananas included) is really up to your discretion.  I used 1 & 1/2 bananas and ended up with two small and one larger pancake.  I can't wait to try these with strawberries or blackberries, too.

And since I couldn't help but experiment a bit more (this would be why the third pancake was so much larger), I went scavenging the pantry for something to add to them.

Boy, did I find it. Fresh ground peanut butter from Whole Foods Market and this delightful Ruby's Gold granola with walnuts and dried blueberries and dates.  The just banana and egg pancakes definitely had the right texture of a pancake, too, which I found super surprising.  The granola just gave it a little more substance for me.  As for the peanut butter..  I just can't refuse the combination of bananas and pb.





It really was as simple as it seems and I am still so full after editing all of these pictures and creating this post.  This was a great way to actually intake more than one serving of fruit and it's gluten free to boot!

And to give credit (also her pictures are way better than mine): The Undressed Skeleton Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you!