9.22.2013

The Marvelous Music Midtown 2013



Open air.  Green fields.  Music whisking past your ears from every angle.  People watching.  Meeting fellow lovers of hip swaying, hands-in-the-air kinds of good times.  Fantastic times.

These are a few of my favorite things...

There's a ferris wheel back there!


Needless to say, I felt snug in my element at my favorite Atlanta park magnified by three stages housing artists from all of my favorite genres.  I have to say, a few performers gained even more respect from this girl.  And having said that, I cannot go without telling you to see Reignwolf play if ever possible.  He played drums, guitar and the tambourine all at once and I fell in love. :)

Aside from him, our entire party agreed that Phoenix gave the best performance of the weekend.  Those French boys certainly know how to charm a crowd.  I, along with my friends, fell even more in love with their songs when we heard how beautifully he sang them live.




Beautiful Sunset just before ZZ Ward performed
Nearing the end of day 1, we were excited to say the least.

We managed to dance our way into the crowd for Kendrick Lamar, Weezer, ZZ Ward, 2Chainz, Imagine Dragons, Cake, Jane's Addiction, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Journey.  We heard Capital Cities from afar and I might be forgetting someone..  

2Chainz!  And a mustache that wandered it's way throughout the festival all day.  Along with the Dos Equis Man and a number of other feather-boaed and inflated items.

My only critique of this festival would be the scheduling.  I didn't get to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs as I had so been looking forward to doing.  It was an absolute blast, nonetheless.  This is definitely a great show for the amateur music festival goer.  There are plenty of bathrooms, well, porta potties (bring your own toilet paper if that's a luxury you can't forego for the day..), and the crowd is rather tame.  I am used to mosh pits and crowd surfers, but that sort of thing can be a bit alarming to someone who's never experienced such a thing. 

Cake

The rain came on Saturday, so there are far fewer pictures, but I won't complain a bit.  I was soaked from noon to midnight, but I had no qualms.  The rain kept it cool and I even got to jump in some mud puddles!  Thank goodness for the roommate who checks the weather.  Favorite item I brought with me that day: rain boots.


Oh, and a life hack we learned: Put your cell phone and whatever else you don't want soaked at a festival with a downpour in a plastic baggie.  I was so afraid to ruin my brand new phone and when my friend suggested this I was amazed at his ingeniousness. Worked like a charm!

JOURNEY!!
If you liked this, you might also like Music To My Ears or Anias Mitchell: Making the List.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you!