6.29.2014

The World Is My Oyster


I haven't written here in quite some time because my travels have taken me to a place where sitting behind a computer screen makes me feel rather indignant.  Staring blankly into images and words that are far from me offends the surrounding beauty that can be described as none other than breathtaking.  It's funny how emotional I become over a mountain landscape, I suppose.  There have been many moments that I have almost been brought to tears trying to understand the massiveness of the world beneath my feet.  For the past two months, I have literally been surrounded by natural giants that leave me humbled and awestruck.  


I am small.


I am human and I am nothing compared to the trees that make up the forests, that blanket the rocks that build up the immense mountains towering above me.  This place, with it's glaciers and native history, it makes you realize the abruptness of human lives; it makes you acknowledge the brevity of our time to experience, to see, to live.  



I had no idea what to expect when I came here.  It has only been a short time, but I have learned so much about myself, as well as history about a place that many people never get to see.  I know now that this place will forever be special for me, but it motivates me even more to adventure throughout the world.  I am small, but I am mobile.  Unlike the trees, I am capable of growing and adapting anywhere.  I am blessed for that.  




     
And my favorite thing about this place: the wildflowers.  They are abundant.  It is unlike anything I have ever seen.  I want them all in my hair.  I certainly did not expect so many beauties.  The dandelions are everywhere.  Their resilience is my intrigue.  Again, I feel blessed.  Although, I will only be here for a short time, I have adopted it as my home.  At first I did not think I would call it that at all and now I wouldn't want my life any other way.  


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful writing! More beautiful than the pictures or the place! You are far from small!

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you!