1.28.2014

Free as a Bird

I met (and envied) quite a few birds today.

The way they can be so in sync, yet so independent from the flock, all at the same time.



Today I watched a pelican break from an ever-flowing v-formation and leisurely dip the tip of his wing into the waves.  It was as if he were stepping a toe in to test the temperature.   



He didn't stray too far before returning to the familiarity of the flock, but that moment of lonesome exploration left him all the wiser.  



I feel like a bird these days.  Although my wings feel feeble and unpracticed, I can't help but test the water.  



2 comments:

  1. Your view on life is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so happy to hear that. Whenever I catch myself slipping into some kind of sadness or depression, I try to remember that I am blessed no matter what the circumstances. Things can always be worse. If you can keep your mind positive, anything is possible. I truly believe this. Keep looking for inspiration and you'll always have your head up! :-)

      Delete

I am always happy to hear from you!