5.21.2013

My Life is SO Over....



Worst moment of my life at age 5: I hit someone in my class, therefore I was to sit, legs crossed on the floor, on top of my hands for a solid year and twelve days (in my mind, at least...).  I felt like all eyes were on me.  Who sits on their own hands?  Never again did I hit someone at school.

Worst moment of my life at age 7: I'm a nervous pee-er.  Meaning, when I get nervous, my legs shake and shortly thereafter, my bladder starts sending "Release me now!!!!" signals to my brain.  Point being.. as a small child, I hadn't learned to control this just yet, and peed myself in front of all of my friends during a kickball game.  I was pitching.  (Being the center of attention has never been one of my strong points....)


Age 12:  Jesse Boobie (Names changed for privacy and redemption reasons) announced to the entire lunchroom that he loved me...  Only to be followed up with a snarky remark about the declaration's ridiculousness.  I remember the diary entry.  I was mortified.

Age 14:  The times my mother picked me up in the old blue-striped van with curtains inside.. from band practice no less.  This is my most superficial 'worst moment of my life.'  I now realize this and this is one of the reasons I will never be unappreciative of a running engine taking my bum where it needs to go again in my life.

When I was 17, my parents took my car away.  That foggy morning in my driveway, waiting for the bus.. I thought that was the worst moment, for sure.  My life was ending.  I was going to arrive at school .. at HIGH school .. as a 17-year-old on that "big, yellow cheese."

I like to relate my, now, "big girl problems," to these problems.  To the times I thought there was certainly no coming back from something.  Cheers to those times.  To helping me realize, that life does, will, cannot stop from going on.  Unless it does.  But I'm not dead yet.  And the longer I live, the more 'worst moments of my life' there will be..



I just have to remember, I've gotten over my 'worsts.'  And in the end, ironically, they're quite laughable.  No matter how long I remember them, they will have shaped me, nonetheless.

So, here's to the 'worsts' in life!




(All photo credits: Pink Hedgehog Photos)

2 comments:

I am always happy to hear from you!