3.30.2015

Two Week Notice

In two weeks I will be making headway on what I refer to in my head as 'another great adventure'.  When I was younger, two weeks seemed an infinite amount of time.  Even in college, a due date two weeks away felt delightfully far from the here and now.  Time, though, has become like a lazy river streaming across my life and as the rocks of my years erode, clock hands move like sudden, thrashing rapids.  Two weeks will surge forward now, swirling me uncontrollably to that moment that I am gushing over a waterfall, lurching my gut into my throat.  Sure, it's invigorating to look forward to the thrill of the fall, but it comes as a bittersweet departure.



Sometimes I go to very dark places in my mind.  I think of terrible things that could happen when I am away from the people I love.  This is a product of my life experience and acknowledging this within my deep sea of emotions allows me to fish out the optimist swimming below these dreadful scenarios.  Although I may not be physically close with everyone that I cherish, they never leave me.  Everyone who has loved, encouraged, laughed and cried with me has left a mark on who I have become.  I carry them with me in each step I take toward defining my place in this world.  There is a story or sweet memory for every mile that separates me from the people who have helped mold me.  I feel touched and humbled to have so many influences in my life.  While I am saddened to be apart from these creators, I am excited to meet new artists that will certainly have a hand in changing me, once again.  The more hands I let shape my being, the more beauty I recognize from within.

***

This upcoming adventure has me headed back to Skagway.  Check out the full story of my first endeavor into wanderlust over at wandering.tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you!