1.21.2015

Utopia

I very often find myself in a mental tornado of 'what is the point of it all?' thoughts that seem to render all of my actions null.  They circle back around to, 'you're just going to die in the end,' and finding worth in almost anything becomes impossible.

Too often I've been told to follow my dreams and yet, my dreams seem wholly unattainable in this life.  I dream of a happiness not warranted by materials or money, but that of being a part of this earth.  I dream of simply seeing the beauty that surrounds us without the second thought of the literal cost to do so.  I wonder what this world would be like if we erased the lines on all of the maps that separate us and became aware of the actual lack of these boundaries that have been created by humans.  



Perhaps it is naive to dream of this utopia, but for me, it all seems so simple.
My lack of understanding of evil and greed does not come from religion or science, but the very simple fact that I am a human.  I feel lonely and misplaced, and yet I know that we all feel this way at times, despite the fact that we should all be in this together.

I can imagine the simplicity of living for the sake of experiencing this world we are tied to, rather than fitting nicely, comfortably I guess, into a society.  Some have argued that we would not be awarded the luxuries that we do have (and may I add, take for granted) without the societal rules that are in place.  But would we not still have our minds?  Would we not be better off if we shared, rather than claimed things as our own and guarded them against others?

And again, I will stand, as if naked and naive before you and ask, why can we all just not get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you!