6.02.2013

Mid-Year Resolutions

I found so much inspiration as I moused around the Internet today.  First of all, Growing Wild Ginger inspired me to start clicking with a post of all of her favorite links of the week.  I have to give Ms. Emily credit; I gained a new favorite Instagrammer and the heads up to the obscure photos from history was totally interesting.

As I continued to roam my way through the blogosphere, I happened upon Journal Girl.  Samie's an artist and an incredible writer who has inspired me to break tradition and resolve some things in my life despite the warm weather. 

1.  I will be patient with traffic.  My road rage is out of hand and what's the rush, really?
2.  I will not turn down any opportunity to explore.
3.  I will remember that the directions to Neverland are tattooed on my arm, there to guide me back to that childlike state of mind.
4.  I will remember to see the lesson in all things.  To allow life to teach me through all of my experiences.



The road rage is going to be hard enough to battle, so I'll start with those for now.  

Oh, and for the writers, readers and explorers.. An interview with author Chuck Wendig on 52 Reviews is absolutely phenomenal.  While I've never read any of Mr. Wendig's work, he has outstanding advice for writers.  I would take a creative writing class with this guy if I could, simply because of the interview.  Shout out to the photographer sister who's interested in zombies and things who found it for me.

And to end, the inspiring quote that gives me hope as a writer: 
"Your voice is how you write when you're not trying to find your voice. Your voice is the way you write, the way you talk. Your voice is who you are, what you believe, what themes you knowingly and unknowingly embrace. Your voice is you. Search for it and you won't find it. Stop looking and it'll find you." -Chuck Wendig

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you!