6.08.2013

Flying Keys

This New York Times article on Sing For Hope has me wanting to start a coalition in Atlanta.  Who's got a few pianos to post up around the city?  What better way to brighten everyone's day, but the sound of piano keys gliding through downtown?

Some of my favorite moments at Georgia State were walking to class as I was serenaded by a saxophonist or a trumpeter or bucket player...  I remember listening to a saxophonist for nearly an hour from the rooftop of a building one day.  Maybe it's the way it resonates off of the city walls, or the rawness, or the impetuousness; but music from the sidewalk sounds so much more genuine than anything recorded.  A piano, though...  Well, that would stop me in my tracks for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you!