8.22.2013

Avocado Stuffed Turkey Burgers

I figured it was about time I shared a recipe that made it's way out of our kitchen.  Having been immobilized by my ankle, I had plenty of time to scour through my Delightful Dinners board on Pinterest.  I knocked over an avocado stuffed burger (here's the original recipe on A Civilized Caveman's Cooking Creations) and decided to use ground turkey, instead.  I added a few spices that I thought would pep it up, as well.


If you're like my friends, you're looking at me with wary eyes and images of guacamole topped burgers.  Oh, no, my friends.  This is not that kind of recipe.  The filling is so simple, and it's versatile to your personal taste.  For example, the Civilized Caveman's filling calls for sundried tomatoes.  Since we didn't have any of these in the pantry, we chose to add some red bell pepper and serrano peppers.


By recruiting the help of my trusty chef friends, we put together this delightful, delicious, southwest inspired, guacamole surprise! 

For the sides, we had a few cobs of corn (fresh from none other than the Dekalb County Farmer's Market) that Brendan took out to the grill for us.  He rubbed the corn with our favorite greek seasoning.   Then, we heated up some refried black beans (my new obsession) and topped 'em off with some sriracha and goat cheese.


We stacked our burgers  with some spicy mustard, lettuce, tomato and the refried black beans, too.  I think we all deserved a pat on the back after this wonderful meal.


I downloaded this recipe card for free from vertex42.com.  These are going to be great when I finally accumulate all of the family recipes I want to keep.  They'll be super easy to organize on the computer; plus, if I feel so inclined, I can print my own little recipe book!  I have gift ideas floating around in my head as I type this..


If you liked this, you might also like my breakfast experiment (3 gluten-free ingredient pancakes). It was to die for & so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you!